1. Consent to installation of the App
Under data protection laws, we are required to provide you with certain information about who we are, how we process your personal data and for what purposes, and your rights in relation to your personal data. This information is provided in https://www.typerium.com/privacy-policy and it is important that you read that information.
Before installation of this App, please indicate your consent to our processing of your personal data (including your name, contact details, financial and device information) as described in the policy https://www.typerium.com/privacy-policy.
YES I consent to the installation of the App for the purposes of content creation.
NO I do not consent to the installation of the App.
2. How you can withdraw consent
Once you provide consent by selecting “YES”, you may change your mind and withdraw consent at any time by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org but that will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
3. Consent to processing Location Data
YES I consent to processing of my Location Data including details of my current location disclosed by Apple GPS Technology or other technology that location-enabled services are activated for the purpose of location-enabled services.
NO I do not consent to processing of my Location Data and location-enabled Services are disabled in my settings.
4. Location data
Typerium Limited (we) are committed to protecting your personal data and respecting your privacy.
- Typerium App mobile application software (App) available on https://www.typerium.com OR hosted on the Apple iOS App Store, once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
This policy is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below. Alternatively, you can view policy here: https://www.typerium.com/privacy-policy
For the purposes of GDPR, Typerium Limited is the data controller with a registered address at 6C Gander Lane, Barlborough, Chesterfield, S43 4PZ..
6. The data we collect about you
Your information collected through our services will be stored and processed in the United Kingdom, and any other country in which Typerium or its subsidiaries, affiliates, providers reside.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data.
- Contact Data.
- Financial Data.
- Transaction Data.
- Device Data.
- Content Data.
- Profile Data.
- Usage Data.
- Marketing and Communications Data.
- Location Data
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
7. How is your personal data collected
We collect the following information about you;
Information you provide to us directly
When you visit our services and register for an account, we will ask you for information including a username, your first and last name, e-mail address, date of birth, phone number, and profession. We collect any information you send to us directly through both the app services, and on customer support email. Information collected from your account on our services also shall include any content you post to our service, user generated content, content published and posted to third-party services such as social media networks, and any text used in your designs. We use such information to operate and maintain the features and functionality of our services for you specifically, to correspond with you, address any issues raised, and to help us improve our services.
Information we collect about you and your device
We also use GPS technology or other technologies to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling Location Data in your settings or by contacting Apple specifically for help with location data in your iOS mobile device.
Information we receive from third-parties
We may receive information about you from third-parties, for example if you access our services through a third-party app connection login such as Facebook, Google, Apple. Such third-parties may pass certain information about your use of our service to Typerium. This information can include, but is not limited to your user ID associated with your account (such as your Facebook UID) and any necessary tokens that are used when you make a connection to our services using a third-party login provider. You should always review and adjust your privacy settings on any third-party service providers when logging into our services if you are concerned about your own privacy settings, or alternatively login to our services using your own email and password credentials. You may at any time unlink your third-party login, which will mean we no longer receive information collected about you with regards to that specific service. When you want to install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us
Information we collect from you automatically
When you access our services through a mobile device which is not limited to smart-phones or tablets, we may collect and remotely store one of more device identifiers. A device identifier is a small data file that is primarily associated with your device, used to identify a mobile device. These identifiers may be data stored with in connection with the devices operating system or other software that allows data to be specifically sent to a device by Typerium and its services. A device identifier may also allow for the faster transition of navigation through our services including allowing you to login faster. Some features of our services may not function or work correctly if the device identifier is disabled. The device identifier used by Typerium includes the Apple iOS Advertising Identifier.
Third party links
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. Please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as Contact and Location Data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
8. How we use your personal data
We use your the personal data we collect about you primarily for the purposes as set out below;
– Providing you with the service. We use the information that you provide to provide you with the services of the Typerium App. We use the information we collect about you to remember the last time you visited, so that you do not have to re-enter such information during your next visit to the app
– For analytics of data we use information you provide to help us improve the Typerium app for our users experience including specific metrics such as the total number of visitors, demographic, and traffic to the app itself.
– To allow us to communicate directly with you, we use the contact information that you provide to send communications about our services. We may send you emails about technical issues, or other important administrative information.
– To promote our services, we may use your contact information to provide you with updates on new features and offers in relation to the Typerium app we think you may be interested in. We also use that information to make sure you are provided with the most relevant offers, updates, and information based on your individual services needs and preference. You can opt out at any time for any of this information.
– We use the information you provide to make sure you are satisfied with our customer service. Our customer service team is responsible for your satisfaction of our services, and we handle each and every customer’s feedback with the integrity and respect you expect.
– We use information collected to make sure our service is customised for you. For example if you tell us that you like specific imagery, we may recommend various stock images to you.
– For consent purposes, Typerium may seek your approval to use your information for a particular purpose. In such cases, Typerium will seek your consent.
– We will use or disclose information that is necessary to comply with the law and reasonable requests from law enforcement, including the interests of protecting the security of our services in order to exercise rights, or the personal safety of Typerium, and our users.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing
To install the App and register you as a new App user
To process in-App purchases and deliver Services including managing payments and collecting money owed to us
Marketing and Communications
Performance of a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
To manage our relationship with you including notifying you of changes to the App or any Services
Marketing and Communications
Performance of a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep records updated and to analyse how customers use our products/ Services)
Necessary to comply with legal obligations (to inform you of any changes to our terms and conditions)
To enable you to participate in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey
Marketing and Communications
Performance of a contract with you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to analyse how customers use our products/Services and to develop them and grow our business)
To administer and protect our business and this App including troubleshooting, data analysis and system testing
Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security)
To deliver content and advertisements to you
To make recommendations to you about goods or services which may interest you
To measure and analyse the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you
To monitor trends so we can improve the App
Marketing and Communications
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/Services and grow our business)
9. Disclosures of your personal data
• Customer support
• Email services and marketing
10. International transfers
Where we transfer your information to an international third-party service provider that is not subject to a decision by the EU Commission, we will require such third-party service providers to enter into an agreement that provides the appropriate security, safeguards for your information, which will follow the EU Model Clauses.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
11. Data security
We care about your information, which is why we use the appropriate security safeguards to protect the integrity of all information specifically collected through our service. In order to protect your privacy and security, we will take the necessary steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account and our services. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your password and your my account information, and for the secure access of your email communications from Typerium. Typerium cannot warrant the security of the information you transmit to Typerium or guarantee that such information may not be accessed, altered, destroyed, or disclosed. Occasionally your privacy settings may be affected by functionality added from third-party sites or service providers when using the Typerium services, such as social media networks. Typerium is not responsible for the functionality or security of any third-party service providers or social media network.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We will collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage including HTML5 or alternative mechanisms and other technology.
Certain Services include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
12. Data retention
Certain laws of some countries grant particular rights in relation to personal information. In some circumstances, users in the EEA have the right to:
• Request a copy of the information we hold about you
• Request that we change inaccurate details relating to your information;
• Request that your information is deleted;
• Request an electronic version of your information;
• Object to the use of your information
If you wish to request a copy of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information for the purposes of our services, and a right to object to Typerium sending you various marketing information. Should you request this, we will stop processing data for those purposes.
Typerium in some circumstances may not be able to comply with a request made for your personal information, in circumstances such as where it infringes the rights, copyrights, or trademarks of another user or brand. In those circumstances we may also be required to retain such information where it is a legal requirement to do so. In some circumstances, you may have shared your information with third-party apps, services, or providers such as publishing a design to a third-party website, or social media network. In those instances Typerium will not be able to delete the information, and you will need to contact such third-party websites, or social media networks yourself.
Should we not be able to resolve your request, and you are concerned about potential violations, you also have the option to report the issue or make a complaint to the relevant data protection authority.
When you terminate, delete, or deactivate your account, Typerium will retain your profile information and user generated content for a commercially reasonable amount of time, on the basis of us having a valid purpose to do so. Typerium will retain your information in order to fulfil its legal and audit obligations, and for purposes of archives.
The following third-party service providers will process data solely for the purposes of delivering our services, such third-party service providers include:
Amazon Web Services (Data Storage)
Campaign Monitor (Email Services)
Zendesk (Customer Support)
Jira (User/Technical Support)
Pixabay (Stock Image API)
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data for 6 years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you. In the event that you do not use the App for a period of 12 months then we will treat the account as expired and your personal data may be deleted.
13. Data retention
14. Your legal rights
You have the legal right to update your account information by accessing our services and changing your profile settings within my account or my profile area. You also have the legal right to stop receiving promotional information in relation to marketing or servicing email communication from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in such communications. We make every effort to process all unsubscribe requests in a timely manner.
You may not opt out of Service related communications such as billing confirmation, account verification, changes and updates to our terms or services, technical and security notices, however you can object to us providing these emails by emails firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the legal right to cancel your subscription to our services at any time. These services, the billing and the delivery of are provided solely by Apple within the Apple iOS App store. In order to cancel such services, please check which version of iOS you are using and your handset model number. The most common versions of iOS can cancel subscriptions to services with Apple at any time by following the instructions below;
To see or cancel subscriptions on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
1) Open the Settings App
2) Tap your name
3) Tap Subscriptions
4) Tap the subscription you want to manage,
5) Tap Cancel Subscription
Under certain circumstances you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer or your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You also have the right to ask us not to continue to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or alternatively by writing to us at Typerium, 6C Gander Lane, Barlborough, Chesterfield, S43 4PZ, United Kingdom.
- Lawful basis
Consent means processing your personal data where you have signified your agreement by a statement or clear opt-in to processing for a specific purpose. Consent will only be valid if it is a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of what you want. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to.
- Third parties
- Internal third parties
Other companies in the Typerium Group acting as joint controllers or processors and who are based in specific countries and provide IT and system administration services and undertake leadership reporting.
- External third parties
Service providers acting as processors based in specific countries who provide IT and system administration services.
Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in specific countries who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the UK who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Your legal rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
Description of categories of personal data
- Identity Data: first name, last name, maiden name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender.
- Contact Data: billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data: includes details about payments to and from you and details of in-App purchases.
- Device Data: includes the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone settings.
- Content Data: includes information stored on your Device, including friends’ lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content, check-ins.
- Profile Data: includes your username and password, in-App purchase history, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data: includes details of your use of any of our Apps or your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Location Data: includes your current location disclosed by GPS technology OR OTHER TECHNOLOGY.
15. Important information and who we are
If only one entity: Typerium Limited is the controller and is responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Typerium”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy.
If several entities are part of a group: Typerium Limited is made up of different legal entities, details of which can be found here: https://www.typerium.com/terms-of-use. When we mention “Typerium”, we are referring to the relevant company in the Typerium Group responsible for processing your data which will be clear to you when you use our App. Typerium Limited is the controller responsible for this App.
Our full details are:
Data Protection Officer
6C Gander Lane,
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, or other competent supervisory authority of an EU member state if the App is downloaded outside the UK.
This version was last updated on 23rd November, 2020. It may change and if it does, these changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you [by SMS OR by email OR when you next start the App or log onto one of the Services Sites]. The new policy may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept the changes to continue your use of the App or the Services.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with you.